Thursday, July 22, 2010

While Waiting: Part 2

A few months ago, I posted a list of things to do while waiting on an agent.  Agent #1 still has the full, and now two more agents have it as well.  (My latest attempt at a query letter actually has legs!)  So, more waiting.  Here's what I have gotten/am getting done, and it's nice to see some of these are progressions from the first list.

  • Finished Book 2 in the series and Book 3 is well underway.
  • Wrote two "real" short stories that I'm working on submitting.
  • Packed up my classroom to be relocated this fall when they renovate half our building.
  • Helped my dad with yard work, woodworking projects, and whatever else he needed a slave for.
  • Got elevated to Round 3 in WEbook's PageToFame system.
  • Worked with my sister to design two covers, seen here (just for fun, and in case I end up self-pubbing).
  • Hung out with my awesomely awesome friend for a weekend (rare treat since she now lives 2000 miles away).
  • Read a lot of books (Darkest Powers trilogy, Mortal Instruments trilogy, first two books in The Hunger Games trilogy ... is Mockingjay out yet?)

A lot of that looks like work.  Here are some additions for the To Do list:

  • Figure out how and when to get together with the inimitable T.L Tyson (in my country, hers, or another one altogether ... doesn't matter)
  • Possibly find time to visit my cousin in Mississippi (though the humidity might scare me off)
  • Plan a trip to Rochester, NY to visit the friend mentioned above, plus anyone else I knew back in grad school that's still there.

Hmm, all of that involves travel and interacting with humans outside of cyberspace.  That might be a clue.

Anyone else have fun ways of keeping your mind off the waiting game?

2 comments:

awesomely awesome friend stated above said...

You can always dance to the music playing in the grocery store while you are loading up your cart :)
It help me kill the time and puts a smile on people's faces when they see me tap dancing with my Fedora down the aisle.

R.C. Lewis said...

:-D Nice idea, but the music they play in the local grocery stores make me want to run away more often than dance down the aisle. :-X